It’s true that gambling can undoubtedly be great fun, and as now players can play the game more easier with free online casinos. Now players can play their favourite gambling games in UK casino games sties. However VivCasino.co.uk is adamant that all our visitors should approach their gaming responsibly – we want you to have the best gaming experience possible and that means being realistic about the potential problems that can arise, and how to avoid them.
- Never gamble what you can’t afford to lose.
- Never chase losses i.e. don’t continue to gamble believing that you can win back a loss.
- Keep track of the time and money you have spent playing, setting sensible limits and abiding by them.
However, recognising you might have a problem isn’t always easy, however if any of the following applies to you, you may want to consider seeking further advice (see below for details about GamCare and Gamblers Anonymous). The more of these criteria you feel are applicable to you the greater the likelihood that you have developed a problem that needs assistance.
- Have you ever lied about the mount of money or time you’ve spent gambling?
- Have others close to you disapproved of your gambling habits?
- Have you ever stolen or borrowed money to gamble or cover gambling debts?
- If you incur a loss, are you compelled to try and win back the loss as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel a sense of despair, wanting to return to play as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble to compensate for feelings of boredom or unhappiness?
- Do personal conflicts and frustrations encourage you to gamble?
- Do you avoid work or family commitments in order to gamble?
- Do you always gamble until every last penny has gone?
- Has gambling become a priority for you over and above family, friends and other pastimes?
- Does your gambling make you depressed, even potentially suicidal?
Getting Help – GamCare
GamCare is a UK registered charity focused on three areas:
- Improving the understanding of the social impact of gambling
- Promoting a responsible approach to gambling
- Addressing the needs of those adversely affected by a gambling dependency
- If you incur a loss, are you compelled to try and win back the loss as soon as possible
The organisation takes a non-judgemental approach on gambling, and has become a leading authority on, and resource of advice and practical help to address social consequences of gambling.
For more information about, or advice from GamCare please click here, or you can call them on their confidential helpline 0845 6000 133 (local call rate for UK residents).
Getting Help – Gamblers Anonymous
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help other compulsive gamblers do the same.
You can get more information about gambling addiction at their website here, and they also operate a telephone helpline on 020 7384 3040.